Tuesday 11 August 2015

Sarah Richardson...I NEED YOU!!!

http://www.chatelaine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dd711c69418a96a12dcfed208824-440x660.jpeg



Sarah is my favorite designer when it comes to designing and decorating cottages.  She approaches cottage life decor with functionality and a light, airy character that I appreciate. When it comes to pulling colors, fabrics, patterns, textures and every other element required to pull a space together, she makes it look like a breeze.

Walking through the fabric store trying to make-believe I'm the fun, adorable Mrs. Richards, pulling together colors, textures and patterns...I give myself a headache.  Every time I stand looking at the rainbow of paint chips in Rona, I second-guess my previous color combination, that was a second-guess from my first mix-and-match.  Ugh!  Can you hear Blair groaning?



The only thing we've really settled on is the laminate flooring.  Fingers crossed it's still available when we're finally ready and able to install.

We've accomplished painting the kitchen cabinets a safe off white.  We reused the original hardware.  We plan to add a stone back-splash, too.

The one thing I knew from the minute we moved in was that I wanted to rip out the bench seating and table.  I wanted to replace it with an actual table and chairs.  Unfortunately, when Blair started taking it apart my plan came to a disappointing halt.  A power box and a high risk of overwhelming damage to the walls has changed the plan to paint, recover cushions and making a new table top.

IF we're able to get the love seat/bed through the RV door, it'll be on it's way OUT!  It's the biggest and most uncomfortable piece in our tiny space.  It looks like we may replace it with a pair of chairs from IKEA.  Parting with the klunky couch means that we'll lose some valuable storage that it provided in the form of a large drawer for the sofas air mattress.  We're open to helpful suggestion...Sarah???
The second elephant in the room is Z's kennel.  We normally keep it outside and bring it in when we're going out.  A bit of a pain.  Old man Z has previously had some back issues and he's supposed to refrain from jumping up on furniture, but jumping up on the bed to sleep with mom and dad is too tempting to resist.  Mom and dad think we've done our time with kids in the bed and perhaps it's time for Z to sleep in his own bed.  We've no practical solution yet for the inconvenience of dragging the kennel in and out of the RV.
Sarah Richardson, HELP!  
Living Simple to Simply LIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment